Phillipa Rooke 7.30pm March 2 (Postponed)
We take a glimpse into the Tao Teh Ching and its different translations, place in history look at the principles which Laotse presents in this work: Tao, Teh, and Yin Yang, and relate them to our daily lives.
The presenter: Phillipa is the former President of the Brisbane Lodge and a former Queensland State Representative on the National Council. She has given talks at the Brisbane Lodge and at various Lodges and groups around the State, at national conventions and at the School of Theosophy.
She is interested in the arts, in particular music and textiles both contemporary and traditional. Former lives were in singing, felt-making and contemporary circus. Her Theosophical passions range through meditation practice, esoteric spiritual thought, and the ever-unfolding journey towards revealing the Reality of the essential unity of all things, of which the brotherhood of the first object of the TS is an expression.
To ensure everyone feels safe at all times and make it easier for our wonderful volunteer facilitators and helpers to comply with current regulations, we kindly ask everyone to follow the current safety measures required by government and the Health Department within the TS premises and our local community. These measures are:
• Sign-in with the QR code upon arrival
• A face mask covering the nose and mouth must be brought with you and worn at all times indoors even where physical distancing is possible and when seated throughout the lecture/event
• 1 person per 2m2 indoors. Capacity limits apply so get in early to secure a seat
• If you have cold or flu-like symptoms however mild, do not attend
• Use hand sanitiser upon arrival and maintain good hygiene
• Maintain social distancing of 1.5m from anyone outside your household during events
• Eating and drinking must be done while seated and social distancing remains in place
• Masks can be removed to take a drink /eat... while seated, so keep your seats at the end of the event
• No self-service of food/beverages. Our friendly certified food service volunteers are there to assist!
• Please dispose of your plates, cups and other items in the bins provided when you are finished with them and maintain good hygiene. Hand sanitiser and soap is always available. Please use it.
• Doors and windows are to remain open for increased air circulation
• Donations are encouraged and welcomed but please donate online or come to the library and use EFTPOS so we don't have to handle cash. Thank you.
For more information about the directives and restrictions in place please refer to the following: