We're looking for a new Education Coordinator
A Great Opportunity for the Right Person
The Theosophical Society in Australia is looking for someone to fill the position of Education Coordinator. Applications are sought from members who have the relevant knowledge of Theosophy and the Theosophical Society, and preferably, the relevant skills and knowledge in education. The duties of the Education Coordinator are outlined in the Rules of the TS in Australia. These include, but are not restricted to the following.
- Responsibility for ensuring that appropriate study and training courses are made available and offered to Lodges (Branches) and national members, involving the development, procurement, assessment, updating, production, marketing and supply of courses;
- Assisting the National President with the annual convention and other educational and promotional events;
- Reporting to the National Council and the national Executive for each of their regular meetings.
- The Education Coordinator must have been a member of the Theosophical Society in Good Standing for the last three years at the time of his or her appointment;
- You must have a reasonable degree of computer literacy such as would be expected of most employees in Australia;
- Very good communication skills, as well as flexibility and adaptability;
- Ability to work in a team environment, especially as part of the Education and Training committee;
- Prior experience in teaching or academic work is desirable, and/or relevant studies in learning and teaching, which would enable the applicant to be in a strong position to develop courses and other content for the TS in Australia.
Any eligible member may apply for this position. However, for various operational reasons, it is desirable (though not necessarily essential) that the Education Coordinator lives within commuting distance of the national headquarters or is prepared to move to this location.
The application, including relevant biodata, you CV, a sample or samples of your work, and a statement addressing the selection criteria should be sent to email@example.com and must reach the National Secretary by 5 pm (AEST) on Monday 9 August 2021. Please feel free to email the National Secretary with any questions before submitting your application. Applicants will be interviewed by a panel selected by the National Council.